How important is your website?
- It’s your cyberspace brick and mortar store.
- It’s the hub of your business.
- It’s the place where you want to drive your traffic.
On the Internet—you rarely get a second chance to make a good first impression.
• There are nearly 1 billion websites.
• You have only 7 seconds to grab a browser’s attention.
• On the average, it takes 7 visits before a browser buys your product.
• Giving a browser reasons to bookmark your site is extremely important.
Calls to Action are critical.
- When a browser lands on your website and doesn’t see calls to action, he or she doesn’t know what to do.
- When a browser doesn’t know what to do, he or she leaves your site which affects your bounce rate.
- A high bounce rate affects your Google page rank (how important your website is).
- Content is king.
- Keywords are extremely important.
- Above the fold–what does it mean and how important is it?
- Squeeze pages–what they are and what do they do?
- Are blogs and websites equal?
Does this information overwhelm you?
Is building your own website in your wheelhouse–your core competency?
Very few authors I have met really understand the makings of a successful website.
Building a pretty website shouldn’t be the goal.
Your website is one part of your marketing strategy that you don’t want to skimp on.
Change something today to make your tomorrow better.
Literary Strategist, LLC