Tom Blubaugh, Literary Strategist
Book Marketing Consultant
What is a Literary Strategist?
Short definition–A Literary Strategist is one who helps you develop and
implement business and marketing plans that brand your name and get your book/s into the hands of readers.
Writing a book, play, poem, or song is an enjoyable and, at the same time, a testy process.
Then comes the challenge of finding a traditional publisher or making the decision to self-publish.
The third activity is the most difficult—marketing and promotion.
You probably realize:
- Being an author is much more than just writing a book—it’s being a business
- It is difficult to get your book/s into the hands of readers
- It doesn’t matter whether you are traditionally or self-published—you are the one who is going to do
the marketing and promotion.
All of this prompted me to team with a group of marketing professionals as a Literary Strategist.
Long definition–A Literary Strategist is one who employs the means of war in planning,
in particular, in the profession of writing. Gaining market share for a book is a war —please don’t think it isn’t.
It’s easy to get a book on Amazon.com, but there are 13 million books on the Amazon platform.
Helping readers find one book is the war.
I have a large circle of resources:
- Audio developers
- Graphic designers
- IT techs
- Social media marketing
- Website designers
- Voice overs
- Video developers
- and more to help you with your publishing process.
Look at me as a coach/quarterback. I keep you focused on your writing and brand development and introduce
you to others who can take you into necessary areas that are not in my wheelhouse–core competencies.
Here is my process:
- You may call me whenever it is convenient for you at 417-812-6110. My hours are Tuesday – Saturday,
1PM – 8PM CST. My objective is to understand your goals and objectives and to determine if I can help you
accomplish them. There is no charge or obligation to continue for this conversation.
- I require family friendly literature. Ask yourself–if my book were a movie, how would it be rated in
the American rating system–G, PG, PG13, or R and why? No explicit sex. No inappropriate language or violence.
- You may call me whenever you have a question. My hours are Tuesday – Saturday, 1 PM – 9 PM CST. If,
for some reason, I am not available–leave a message and I will return your call asap.
- I set up a CRM (customer relationship management system) on Basecamp.com, which is a cloud resource for
tracking all conversations and projects. There is no cost to you for this service. You will have access to this
platform 24/7 for posting questions, comments, files, etc..
- You may stop and restart at any time.
Complete the form below for a no cost/no obligation to continue brainstorming session.